Advice to My Younger Software Developer Self
- As I look back over what's almost a decade in software development, there are some things I wish I'd started doing sooner. This is the advice I'd give my younger self, who has just landed their first professional software development job.
Managing Software Projects
- During my time working on software projects, I’ve began to spot trends in what makes a successful project. The most common trait I’ve observed in successful projects is great communication between teams, seemingly the software methodology used has little to do with if a project is a success.
How to quickly plan and estimate an MVP
- This post outlines my tried & tested strategy for quickly planning and estimating MVP projects. This process departs a little from Agile/Scrum best practices. There are no guarantees on estimation quality which I believe is impossible to do for software projects, but it helps to provide a rough guide for new projects.
Using Terraform to build Twilio TaskRouter Infrastructure
- How you can use Terraform to deploy your Twilio TaskRouter config
Global query parameters with Ember
- Using Ember computed properties to handle global query parameters
Using the JSON API spec in a Laravel API
- Using Laravel to build an API that is compliant with the JSON API spec.
Immutable and namespaced CSS made easy
- Using the ideas of immutable data and namespacing to increase productivity when writing CSS.
React Native & continuous deployment
- Exploring the idea of React Native and Amazon S3 to allow for a web style continuous deployment mobile application.
Lessons learned from building an app with React.js
- An in depth look at flux, React.js and data fetching.